The year of 2017 has popularized and promoted healthy living to a whole new level. Different kinds of diets have been introduced which ensure healthy body and mind. It might get confusing deciding which diet to follow or get a list of all those diets in one place. So here is a list of some of the most popular diets for your information-
- Ketogenic diet- This diet involves reducing the intake of carbohydrates in order to use the fat in your body for energy. This diet has been used for decades for the treatment of epilepsy and several other diseases. This diet requires you to take in high amounts of protein and healthy fats. The process of ketosis breaks down the fat in your body with the help of substances called ketones. However, this diet is not recommended for those with type 1 diabetes.
- Atkins diet- This diet focuses on controlling the insulin levels through a low-carbohydrate diet. When a lot of insulin and sugar is taken, it allows the body to store the sugar which later turn into fat. So when the insulin and sugar levels are decreased, it motivates the body to use the stored fats in the body, hence reducing the fat in the body.
- Weight watchers diet- Weight watchers is a company which works as a support group for those who want to lose weight or are afraid they might gain back the lost weight. One can join this group physically or through their online portal. Once you join the group you are provided with diet plans, workout plans as per your need and a lot of support for you to stick to those plans.
- Zone diet- The zone diet aims at a nutritionally balanced diet. It focuses on having 40 percent carbohydrates, 30 percent fats and 30 percent protein in each meal. It also focuses on controlling sugar and insulin levels to assists in weight-loss and body weight control. This diet encourages intake of high-quality carbohydrates and unrefined natural fats.
- Raw food diet- This diet discourages the intake of processed foods and drinks. This diet involves the intake of plan based products or organically produced food items. There are even types of raw foodies- vegetarian raw foodies, vegan raw foodies, omnivore raw foodies and carnivore raw foodies.
- Mediterranean diet- This diet takes inspirations from the food habits of the people of France, Spain, Portugal, southern Italy, and Greece. In this diet, the main source of dietary fat is through the consumption of a lot of fresh fruits for deserts, nuts, beans, whole grains, seeds and olive oil. Cheese and yogurt are the main forms of dairy food and fish and poultry are the main sources of meat protein.